Presbyterian Church in America
The Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) was founded in 1973 as a Reformed, evangelical denomination that would be true to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The PCA has almost 1500 congregations in all 50 states with approximately 350,000 members. The following is an abridged version of the vision statement:
- As one communion in the worldwide church, the PCA exists to glorify God by extending the kingdom of Jesus Christ over all individual lives through all areas of society and in all nations and cultures. To accomplish this end the PCA aims to fill the world with churches that are continually growing in vital worship, in theological depth, in true fellowship, in evangelism and in deeds of compassion.
- We are committed to the Scriptures and the historic Westminster Standards based firmly on a Biblical theology that answers the questions and issues of each culture and people to which we minister.
- We are committed to worship that practices the presence and power of God within the church to the transformation of the surrounding culture through Biblical application.
- We are committed to the winning of new converts and their incorporation into the church through the ministry of the Word and to significant ministry to the needy through deeds of mercy and service.
- We are committed to the freedom of every member to minister through spiritual gifts and also to the responsibility to do so under spiritual authority and loving discipline.
- We are committed to guarding and strengthening the Biblical family and also to a ministry to the broken family forms such as the divorced, the widowed and the unwed parent.
- We are committed to teaching and discipling men and women in the whole counsel of God and also to ministering to the needs of the whole person.
The Gospel Coalition
a fellowship of like-minded believers who want to exercise gospel centered ministry